Envoici makes it very easy to create beautiful invoices. Let’s see how to create an invoice for the first time.
With Envoici you can create 2 types for each invoice:
1) Credit Invoice (Used when the payment is expected in the future)
2) Cash Invoice (Used over-the-counter sales)
Let’s see how to create a Credit Invoice.
From Income menu, click on Invoices. You’ll see 2 options to create an invoice as shown below:
Click on Credit Invoice or on New Invoice to create a new credit invoice.
Now follow these steps :
1) Select an existing customer by typing the first few characters of their name. You can also create a new customer by clicking on the + icon. If this customer pays you in foreign currency, you will have to enter the exchange rate.
2) If your invoice setting allows you to put your own number, please enter the Invoice Number, otherwise, it will be auto-generated based on the preferences.
3) Enter the invoice date – it’s the date on which the invoice is raised. You can enter a previous date as well if required.
4) Enter the due date. This field will automatically populate the next week’s date. If you have mentioned the ‘Credit Days’ for a selected customer, the due date will be calculated accordingly.
5) Enter the purchase order reference number in the PO Ref# field if this invoice is linked to a purchase.
6) If you have created a project, a new field for selecting Project will appear in the third column. This invoice will be linked to that project if you select the project name.
7) Envoici lets you add up to 3 custom fields on invoices. Please create these fields in Invoice Settings and these fields will appear here on the invoice.
You can also mention if the amounts are tax inclusive or exclusive.
9) Now, let’s add the invoice items. Once you create a product from the ‘Inventory’ screen, you’ll be able to select products from the dropdown list by just typing the first few characters of the product name.
10) Description will automatically appear for the products. However, you can make changes to it.
11) Click on the Quantity field to enter the quantity. If the inventory is enabled for the selected product, the system will show the available quantity.
12) The Unit Cost will be populated automatically. However, you can update the price as required.
13) Enter the discount in percentage.
14) Select the appropriate tax from the list.
15) You can add new items by clicking on the ‘Add New Row’ button
16) Click on ‘Add Other Charge’ to record other changes like shipping charges, round-off amount, etc. You will have to create these accounts from the Chart Of Accounts screen.
17) Enter the Customer Notes and Terms & Conditions as per your business requirement.
18) You can make the invoice repeat in the future and schedule the frequency. The Invoices will be automatically created and emailed to the customer at a scheduled time.
19) That’s it! Save the invoice. If you exit the screen without saving, the invoice will be saved as a draft.
20) Once it’s saved, you will see options to record payment, Edit or Delete, Settle, Email